Sunday, December 13

X Day 90 - 1/2 Marathon and Graduation

I just finished the 1/2 marathon an hour and a half ago. I got home and had a really big shake and took a bath.

Now as I sit here to write my last entry for my first round, it just hit me that I did it. I mean it hit me hard. I am all by myself in front of the computer actually pretty choked up. I can't think of a time in my life I have ever cried tears of joy. I can't even type.

[pause]

[deep breath]

Anyhow, the 1/2 went pretty good.

Bob Jacob's marathon wedding was a very unique and touching experience. Here is his site. Hopefully they will post pictures: www.marathonwedding.com

Here is the dallas morning news article: http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/running/stories/121409dnspowhiterockbriefs.3e85b81.html


Pete and I were on pace for the first 7 miles and I felt terrific. The 10K pace was right at 8 minutes. Then my left calf started twitching. I have had this happen before and it is a scary situation. There are only three things that will happen:
1. Stop before it gets worse and live to fight another day
2. Run through it and pull a muscle
3. Run through it and see if it loosens up

I let Pete run on and I stretched for about three minutes and then I started running again pretty slow. I think miles 8-11 were over 10 minutes. Then it started loosening up and I was able to pick back up my pace. The last mile was close to an 8 minute.

It kinda sucks because I really wanted to test my physical limit today and my calf kept me from really pushing it. I did not really even break a sweat and I never got my cardio up in the zone.

The articles say we don't know why this happens. It just hits randomly sometimes. My right side feels great. No pain at all.

Anyhow, my first goal was to break 2 hours. The Official time on the clock said 2:03. However, we did Bob Jacobs wedding after we crossed the start line and so the race committee is going to adjust down the time about 6 minutes, so I should be well under 2 hours.

Pete ran the race I hoped to and hit roughly 1:45. I am really proud of Pete. That butt head used to make fun of me for running and now he is crushing 1/2 and full marathons. The psycho dude is lifting weights this afternoon. It has been so fun training with him and reconfirmed to me what an important life long friend he is to me.

Back to P90X...

If feels really great to have the first round done. Tomorrow is the official last day according to the workout schedule. So like a good P90Xer, I am going to get in my yoga and then rest on Tuesday. I will then start Round 2 on Wednesday with my beautiful wife.

I will post pictures tomorrow.

Food for today:

I'm not counting the promax, bananna, and 3 GUs I had to fuel for the race.

B: Big Shake 350
L: Chef salad. 400. 4 beers at cowboys game. 400
D: chili cracker nuts 400

1550

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you!!! You took this on alone and for yourself. I have always been proud of you, but today I am speechless. Thank you for doing this! You deserve it!! I love you!!!

    Jessika says; "Congradulations!! You are such an inspiration.I am your number 1 fan!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on going way past expectations for 90 days. But then again you always like to go for it. Can't wait for the big reveal of the Sheri & Mike couple after the next 90 days. Next time we will crush the 1/2, maybe Rock 'n' Roll Dallas on March 14th???

    I also think they are being generous on the 6 minutes. Your watch only said we were off by 3 minutes based off of your finish and the posted chip time.

    ReplyDelete