Saturday, December 26

Musings 7 - On Blood Sugar, Calories and Wheat

I finally got to the bottom of my blood sugar situation.  Over the last 5-6 days I have been tinkering with calorie intake and carb intake to keep blood sugar dips at bay.

I think I have figured out two things:
1.  I needed to add back more calories in general.  I have been eating too little and that is impacting me in several ways.  It is keeping me from being fully fueled for workouts and the normal daily activities and it is probably risking my body starting to sacrifice muscle because there is not enough fat in there to burn.  I think the right calorie loading now is about 2100-2300 per day.
2.  I need to get some wheat in early in the day.  Wheat carbs hang around longer and help keep the blood sugar leveled out.  So far I have had wheat toast and wheat pancakes.  They both worked great and I have not had any big dips.

I am going to keep with the two adjustments above for a week or so and decide then if I need to make any other adjustments.

1 comment:

  1. I have had wheat toast and wheat pancakes. They both worked great and I have not had any big dips.

    ReplyDelete