Monday, November 16

Mentally Durable = Unflappable

I like how Tony Horton talks about being durable.  I think it is on Core Syn where he talks about it.  I think part of that message is about being mentally durable.  Mental durability means that things that may have used to stress you out, no longer do.

I got a test today.  I came home to find the hot water heater has sprung a big leak and the ceilings in the entry were pouring down water.  I just looked at it for a sec, gathered myself and went to work adressing the crisis.  Within 10 minutes all was under contral and two hours later, everything is dry and not leaking.  We will need to get the sheetrock repaired later.

Anyhow, the old me would have been sweating, cussing, and would have started stress eating.  I do not even look to food anymore for comfort.  I am sure there are still things than can ge a rise out of me, but I am definitely more metally durable.

In other words, I am becoming more unflappable.

No comments:

Post a Comment