Tuesday, April 27

Musings 14: "The Best of Me is Hiding Up My Slevee"

I was just listening to that John Mayer song with the lyric:  " I think the best of me is hiding up my sleeve."  That line struck a cord with me.  I feel like I am on the verge of finding out some cool stuff about who I am capable of being.  I just have no idea what that is yet.

Lately, I have received so much enjoyment from helping my friends get in shape.  That is a true ministry for me.  Every collective pound my friends loose makes me feel lighter too.

I have also started programming (iphones) again.  There is something very fulfilling about building stuff.  It has been a while and I forgot how much I need that.

I have also been organizing boy scout and Y-Guides camping adventures.  That is really fun for me.  I love camping and I think it is one of the best ways to connect with folks.

As I mentioned in another post, I am also gaining a lot from learning to cook.

I am having a blast helping my company's customers use our products to to growth their businesses.  I feel very interconnected in our industry right now and know we are doing good while doing good.

I am constantly amazed by how cool my young men are becoming.

Finally, Sheri and I are tighter than ever and I feel so blessed to be married to a girl so out of my league.

So...  Where is all of this going?  I have no idea.  However, most of it feels right right now and I will not be surprised to discover something really cool up my sleeve in the next year or two.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment