Monday, April 12

Kickin Fish Taco Recipe

Get the low carb, high fiber wraps. Tom thumb has 50 Calorie wraps that I love and they have something like 19 grams of fiber.

Kickin' Salsa (I made this up):
1/2 c lime juice
1/2 c copped pineapple
1/2 c copped pears
1/4 c chopped jalepenos
1/2 c copped and sauted onions and 1/2 c red bell pepper
1 small box raisins
red pepper to taste
tobasco to taste

After you saute the onions and bell peppers, put all the ingredients in a pan and cook down until salsa thickness.  Put in freezer to cool off and serve cold.

Bake cod in the oven at 350 for 30 min with lemon slices and cut into strips.  (I just use the cheap frozen cod form the grocery store.  I am sure fresh is better and more expensive.)

Boil 1 cup brown rice (I do the bag of rice because it is super easy).

Slice avacodos.

Put cod, avacado, rice, and kicking salsa on wraps and devour!

Apparently some people like a little sliced cabbage on their fish tacos.  Not Me!

I served it with corn on the cob.

Everyone loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment