Tuesday, April 13

Musings 13: My Caffeine - Sweetener Habit













I did an experiment today and have not had any caffeine.  I just drank water in place of the normal 2-4 cups of coffee and 1-2 coke zeros I usually have.  All day I have been lethargic and have had a light headache.

I found a bunch of web sites that say this is normal:
http://coffeefaq.com/site/node/11
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-symptoms-of-caffeine-withdrawal.htm


In addition to the caffeine, I know I am intaking way too much unnatural sweeteners and I keep reading about how they are bad for you and most likely are carcinogenic.  It would really suck to get everything else squared away and get cancer from sweeteners.

I feel like I have enough discipline in my eating realm that I can start dialing in my caffeine drinking.  I am going to stop with coffee for a while and limit myself to boring old water.


These articles say I will have hangover like symptoms for a 3-5 days then it should be over.

It will be interesting to see what effects this has in the near term, but I am confident that long term, all these artificial sweeteners and caffeine are dangerous.

2 comments:

  1. Please step back from the ledge. You are about to jump.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be interesting to see what effects this has in the near term, but I am confident that long term, all these artificial sweeteners and caffeine are dangerous.

    ReplyDelete