Saturday, September 4

Blake gets first place in 5 mile DRC run

I ran the 5 mile DRC run with Blake this morning.  The idea is that this is a good training practice to get up speed and distance.  I was thinking we would do an 8min overall pace and come in around 40 minutes.  Blake had other ideas.  He ran an absolutely perfect race.  We started at a nice comfortable 7:48 and then worked down from there.  His fifth mile was a 7:10.

WOW!!! 

The kid blows me away.  He is great at everything he does.  He gets straight A's, is the president of NJHS now and the student counsel last year, and now is demonstrating amazing running skills.

You should hear him.  He totally has the running bug.  He wants to do an easy 10 tomorrow.  I told him to take it easy.  We need to do strength training too.

Anyhow, if you can't tell, I am really proud of him and it is fun seeing him get to a point where he is actually pushing me a bit.

Here is the GPS data:

No comments:

Post a Comment