Saturday, March 6

Mike's Super Chili

This is my chili recipe I used all the way through my first 6 months with P90X.  I have to say that this is the meal that got me through it.  It is the perfect mix of nutrients and because you can eat as much or little as you want, you can precisely dial in the caloric intake.

I make huge batches on Sunday and even if the family is eating it too, we usually do not kill it until Friday.

The recipe is simple and only takes about 30 min to prepare.
  1. Saute 2 onions and tablespoon minced garlic
  2. Put the following cans in:
    • 5-6 cans of beans - I like to mix kidney, pinto and black
    • 2 cans stewed tomatos
    • 1 can rotel
    • 1 can diced tomatoes - i like fire roated
    • 1 can whole kernel corn - optional as it adds carbs
  3. 4-5 chicken breasts (cubed) - either get pre cooked or boil them yourself
  4. 2 bell peppers - I like one red and one green
  5. McKormicks chili seasoning pack - sometimes I put in 1.5 packs
I let it cook for about an hour on medium and then put it in a tupperware for the week.

1 comment:

  1. i loved the recipe but blake needs to steady the camera with fewer fingertips :)

    ReplyDelete