Tuesday, October 27

Reflections at 1/2 way

  • Most important - I feel really great
  • People are noticing and commenting that I look like I lost weight
  • The workouts are getting pretty easy now - I can actually do about 12 pull ups when I am fresh and I have most of the Yoga moves down
  • Favorite foods: Progresso Soup, Yogurt, Wasabi almonds, Talapia, Bean Chili, Turkey Meat, Grilled Chicken Salad, Lean Filet Mignon, Asparagus, green beans, broccoli, turkey taco salad, albacore tuna, sardines, egg beaters, turkey bacon, anything with stewed tomatoes, low sugar oatmeal, samll amounts of natural peanut butter.
  • Opti Bars keep me from getting into hunger mode on accident. I always carry one.
  • I have gotten better at listening to my body to eat. I seldom overeat and try to get in 5 small 150-200 calorie meals per day
  • When I work out really hard (Plyo and weights) the AMP protien shake makes a huge difference in recovery and I bet it is accelerating my muscle growth
  • I mentally get a lot of benefit form watching the scale even though I should not. I have been on a .6 lb per day slope the whole way. That rate will probably not continue. I have gotten used to staying at the same weight for 2-3 days and then seeing a 1-2 pound drop. I do not check the scale after I eat or drink a lot.
  • About once a week, I will find someone else's blog and read it for 20 minutes or so and that keeps me motivated.
  • I am starting to envision what a sub 200 pound Mike will look like and I am getting really excited. I really think it is possible now.
  • Some days I wish I had a coach that I could ask basic nutrition questions to. I am working so hard at getting my nutrition balance right, but I am sure I could be more efficient. Maybe I will get a nutritionist for a week or so.
  • The second training block seems really legs centric and not as upper body centric. I am not sure if it really matters.
  • I kinda wish there was more than one Ab workout.
  • I had to go move the trailer which required dragging it on its side about 20 feet. I usually need help and was able to do it solo.
  • I can sit in the middle seat ont he airplane and not be miserable. I still don't like it though.
  • It is mentally hard to take a rest day as I feel like I am loosing ground, but I feel so fresh after a rest day and nothing hurts. You body just needs recovery time.
  • I can't think of any way to materially improve what I am doing, so I am just going to continue on and see where this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment