Tuesday, January 11

On Speed

One of my goals this spring is to get faster. I was surprised at the Jingle Bell 5K that I was not faster than 20 min. I know I was still in marathon recovery, but I felt like I should have been 20-30 seconds faster.

Over the last four weeks, I have been doing track work on Tuesdays. 600, 800, and 1000 M repeats. At first this was tough, but it is become one of my favorite workouts. Today we did 800s and I felt strong. I think was under 6 min pace and although I was breathing hard, I felt more controlled than before. Also, I have been very careful not to pull anything by doing good warm ups and cool downs.

I have not had a chance to test myself in a race yet and really want to try out a 10K to see where I am now. I will target one in the next couple weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment