Thursday, April 24

Switching Gears - Time to start carving

I feel like not going to Boston this year (2014) kinda put the nail in my running for a while.  I have been running hard for 4 years now and accomplished my big goals.  I am a bit sad that it ended with me getting injured right before my second Boston, but it was not meant to be.

So....  I am gonna switch gears for the next 4-6 months.  It is time to move away from the focus on running and get back to what got me in shape in the first place.  Instead of P90X, I am going to start a serious body building process.  I have already started lifting weights two weeks ago, but it is still a little random and defocused.  I am going to build a strict nutrition and training program and hope to achieve these goals by the end of the summer:

- Look freaking awesome in a bathing suit
- Six pack abs
- 33ish waist (I am at 38 now)
- Defined Arms and chest

I am still building my plan, but I will start publishing weekly workout schedules and nutrition plans starting this weekend and hope to see some serious results.

Here are the starting stats:
- 215lbs
- 38 Waist
- 17.25 Neck
- 15 Bi

At the height of P90X, I was at 195 and 33 waist.  Hoping to get back there fairly quickly.  I just cannot lose weight running - Even at the height of marathon training at 60+ miles per week.

I just bought my first body building book.  Thinking about getting Arnold's book too although people say it is dated and has mixed reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment