Tuesday, May 24

Letter from Grant (10) to Older Borther Blake (13)


Grant Bordelon

                                                                                Blake---My Brother, My Friend

                Persistent.   Leader.  Honest. Loving.  Loyal.  These are just a few words to describe Blake Bordelon.  Blake is a phenomenal human being.  He is my brother.  He has lived with me my entire life.  When I think of Blake, I think of a hero because he has always been there for me, and he seems to always do the right thing.  The first time I rode a roller coaster, I was with Blake.  Even though I was not sure, he made me feel safe and gave me the “it’s all going to be okay” look.  The first time I went on a camp out, Blake was with me.  He showed me the ropes.  He showed me how to pitch a tent and how to make a fire.  As early as I can remember, Blake has always been there for me.  He constantly shows his love and compassion for others.  When I am down, Blake is always there to lift me up. He makes me feel so loved and makes me believe that I can do anything I choose.  Blake takes such good care of my brother and me.  We both look up to him and trust him so much.
                Blake is one of the most generous, giving people I have ever known.  He will share all of his things with anyone who wants to use them.  He will put others in front of his own needs.  He has shown me how important it is to respect others, serve others, and to be a leader.  Blake is also a great role model for me.  He lives his life with integrity and is one of the hardest working people I know. Blake never just sits back, but he always takes on a leadership role. He has been the Student Council president, the N.J.H.S. president, and a Boy Scout—almost an Eagle. He also spends many hours helping friends with projects and is always there for his friends.
                The more time I have spent with Blake, the deeper and deeper our relationship has grown—for we are brothers, and brothers are forever.  I know when most people think of brothers, they think of fighting and hatred, but that does not define my relationship with Blake.  There is a special bond…. A special friendship.  There is love, brotherly love.  I know I can and will always be able to count on Blake.  I thank God for my brother, my friend, Blake.  

No comments:

Post a Comment